Hurricane Gravity Vent
HURRICANE – Most Efficient Rooftop Ventilator
Edmonds HURRICANE line of turbine ventilators offer you MORE CFM than ANY other efficient rooftop ventilator due to the unique turbine construction. Here is the amazing test result table. Imagine pulling this in just a gentle breeze! Then imagine what the CFM is in a wind! This table is certified at 6.7 MPH
Note – we have smaller models – that were not tested – as small as 4 inches (H100)
CASE STUDIES OF THIS ROOFTOP VENT
The Australian designed and manufactured Hurricane™ Turbine Ventilator has received global recognition as the leader in wind-driven ventilator technology.
Tandaco pre-packaged double row bearing system
Constructed from corrosion resistant aluminum
Your building will have the best ventilation performance with the right air exchange rates.
Flow rate tested to Australian Standard 4740 (Performance of Natural Ventilators)
Wind load tested to 195km/h and tested for rain penetration to Australian Standard 2428.1.
Exported to over 40 countries the Hurricane has been used by some of the world’s largest corporations including:
- General Electric (Canada, USA, Brazil, Chile, Vietnam)
- Honda (India)
- Toyota (Oman)
- Umicore (Bulgaria)
- Daewoo (Romania)
- Alcan (USA)
- Harvery Norman (Australia)
- Over 300 colleges and schools throughout Australia
- Special Bases
- Manual and Electric Dampers
- Ceiling Grilles
Features and Benefits
- Specifically designed for commercial / industrial applications
- Made from light weight, corrosion resistant marine grade equivalent aluminium
- Higher flow coefficients than comparable size spherical vents
- H300 & 400 BFR available for use in Category 1 Bush Fire Zones
- Available in high corrosion resistance version with Polyolefin coating.
- FR version suited for smoke release applications
- Tested to Australian Standards
- Matching accessories
- Manual and Electric dampers
- Short lead times on standard products
- 15 year warranty
- Edmonds offers a design service to help ensure the right size/number/type of vents is specified according to AS4740
Models and Sizes
HURRICANE POLYOLEFIN COATING
The Hurricane™ S2 models and the H900 HI are available with a White Polyolefin coating both inside and out designed to withstand extremely harsh atmospheric environments. Polyolefin is a tough finish much like refrigerators and range tops that is put on with a process similar to regular powder coating but the finish is muck more durable. To specify it use P after the model. i.e. H400P
HURRICANE FR FIRE RATED
A Hurricane specifically designed to work as a smoke release ventilator, as well as always providing natural ventilation to your building.
HURRICANE HI HEAVY INDUSTRIAL
Rated and tested for up to 127 MPH wind.
HURRICANE BFR BUSH FIRE RATED
Designed for use in Category 1 Bush Fire Zones.
- Available in 300 & 400 mm throat sizes
- All metal internal componentry
- Aluminium heat sink bearing housing
- When fitted with SparkGuard vent complies with AS 3959
HURRICANE S2 FOR CORROSIVE ENVIRONMENTS
Powder coated inside and outside specifically for corrosive environments. To specify this use S2 after the model number below.